Before Milne Moser Solicitors can start acting for you, we are required to confirm your identity and satisfy regulatory requirements. This means that we will need to check your identity documents and obtain additional details about you, including details about your occupation and the source of any funds that you will need to send to us.
Usually, we will do this using a secure third party electronic application (or ‘App’) that can be completed using your smart phone or an electronic tablet, details of which will be provided when you instruct us.
Before Milne Moser Solicitors can start acting for you, we are required to confirm your identity.
Usually, we will do this using a third party secure electronic application (or ‘app’) that can be completed using your smart phone. If you are unable to use this app, we will require sight of your original identification documents.
To comply with current requirements, we need to see proof of your name and date of birth, as well as proof of your address.
To help us comply with these requirements and avoid your transaction from being delayed, please let us have one document from List A and one document from List B by return.
List A : Evidence of Name and Date of Birth
- Current valid full passport
- National identity card or resident’s permit
- Current photocard driving licence
- Firearm and shotgun certificate
- State pension or benefit book
- A valid HM Forces identity card with the signatory’s photograph
List B : Evidence of Address
- Utility or Council Tax Bill (issued no more than 3-months ago)
- Bank or building society statement (issued no more than 3 months ago)
- Mortgage statement for the year just ended
- Current driving licence (if not used in List A)
- Local council rent card showing rent paid for the last 3-months or tenancy agreement
- HM Revenue & Customs tax notification
- Credit card statement (issued no more than 3-months ago) with original credit card
Please note that we cannot accept photocopies of your identification documents unless they have been certified by a regulated professional.
Once we receive your original documents, we will take copies for our file before returning the originals to you. If you send your documents to us by post, we will return them to you by first class mail unless you advise us that you will be collecting them personally.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept responsibility for any documents that become lost in the post.